The FAA Level 3 Award (QCF) in Oxygen Therapy Administration enables users to administer Oxygen safely and effectively, for casualties with breathing difficulties. Students will learn how and when to administer Oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns related to the carrying, storing and administering of it.
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, Dental Practitioners and Dental Care Professionals, Registered Nurses, Healthcare Professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for the welfare of casualties.
This is a 1 Day course with a minimum of 6 hours classroom contact time. Dependent on the learner’s experience, there may well be some pre or post-course reading to accompany the course.
The course is made up of both practical and theoretical elements and is delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Explain the benefits of Oxygen therapy
• Identify indications for the use of Oxygen
• Explain contraindications prohibiting the use of Oxygen
• Explain the dangers of using a compressed gas
• Outline health and safety rules for the use, storage and handling of Oxygen
• Carry out operational checks in preparation for the use of Oxygen therapy equipment
• Identify when Oxygen therapy is required
• Administer Oxygen using the required flow rate for the following Oxygen delivery devices:
• Non re-breather mask
• Bag, valve and mask
• Administer Oxygen to a patient in line with agreed safe ways of working
Assessment and Certification
Students must pass ongoing practical assessment by the instructor and a multiple choice question paper/oral questioning. Successful completion of the course will lead to the issue of an FAA Level 3 Award (QCF) in Oxygen Therapy Administration. This qualification lasts for 3 years. To renew the qualification, learners will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that during the 3-year period, the learners attend annual refresher courses (3 hours)
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated at any one time on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age in order to qualify.
We are able to deliver this course on your site, subject to a pre-course assessment of your premises, reducing your costs in respect of additional time out and travelling, or at a venue convenient to you.
FAA 1 Day Oxygen Administration (QCF) Level 3 Award (up to 12 People) from £500
1,482 total views, 2 views today